How to get to Point Addis
Point Addis Beach is located in the Anglesea area, near the town of Anglesea and the city of Geelong in the state of Victoria, Australia. The beach can be easily accessed by car, with plenty of parking available.
From Melbourne: Take the M1 (Princes Freeway) towards Geelong and then follow the signs to Anglesea. From Anglesea, take the Great Ocean Road towards Aireys Inlet and turn onto Point Addis Road.
What to take surfing to Point Addis
When surfing at Point Addis Beach, it’s important to come prepared with the following items:
Surfboard: You’ll need a surfboard to catch the waves, so make sure to bring your own or rent one from a local surf shop.
Wetsuit: A wetsuit is recommended, especially during the cooler months, to keep you warm in the water.
Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays by applying sunscreen before you hit the water.
Towel: Bring a towel to dry off after your surf session.
Water bottle: Stay hydrated by bringing a water bottle with you to the beach.
Top tips for surfing at Point Addis:
- Check the surf forecast: Before heading out to Point Addis, check the surf forecast to get an idea of the conditions and the size of the waves.
- Be aware of the surf conditions: Point Addis is a powerful beach break that can be challenging for inexperienced surfers, so it’s important to be aware of the conditions and surf within your ability.
- Respect the local surfers: Point Addis is a popular surf spot, so be sure to respect the local surfers and share the waves.
- Stay safe: Always follow the surf safety guidelines and stay within your limits to ensure a safe and enjoyable surf session.
- Have fun: Above all, enjoy your surf session and make the most of the waves at Point Addis Beach.